We hope that the information provided will enable you to make an informed decision about applying to DUT. To help you get the most out of the information provided, here are a few key points you should bear in mind:
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in Department Handbooks.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the DUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009, the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
- Apply online at the Central Applications Office (CAO). (A prospective student who wishes to study at the DUT must apply via the CAO.)
Please complete the CAO application form, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (or final Grade 11, June/ Trial Grade 12 report if you have not written your final examination). The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 31 October. CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za
Durban University of Technology (DUT) Applications has been open from the 1st March
Durban University of Technology (DUT) encourage prospective students (Undergraduates) to apply online at the Central Applications Office (CAO) as soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Apply Online
Undergraduate and postgraduate applicants use the same online application process through CAO. Please note, DUT only accepts online applications. Make sure you apply online.
Step 2: Complete your online application form in full.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a residence application form. Please note that this is part of the application process.
Step 5: Find Funding.
Have questions about your application?
Tel: 031 373 2000
Need to find the institution?
Durban University of Technology
Musgrave, Durban, 4001
- Indemnity Form
- Suretyship Form
- M65 DUT Deposit Slip
- Bank Details for Electronic Transfer