Applying to Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) Admissions Online Application for Grade 1 and Grade 8 in Gauteng Public Schools can be daunting, but taking a step by step approach will allow you to succeed.
The Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) has now opened the 2020 online application system for Grade 1 and Grade 8 learners on Monday, 20 May 2019 and here are the step-by-step guide to apply online for GDE Admissions 2020:
STEP 1: ENTER PARENT DETAILS
1. To apply parents need to access the web address: http://www.gdeadmissions.gov.za to be on the “Welcome to Admissions Online Application for 2020” page. Parents are required to read the information on the Welcome Page and click on Apply for 2020 to access Terms and Conditions. Parent clicks continue after reading the Terms and Conditions to proceed with the application
To proceed with the application, click on Apply for 2020.
2. A first-time user (parent) will be required to click “Apply for 2020” button to enter parent information before making an application (ALL users must create new credentials)
3. The “Enter Parent Information” form will pop-up and parent should complete all compulsory fields indicated by a star (an asterix). The address fields contain Municipality; City/Town; Suburb/Township; street name and number. The parent’s cell phone number is compulsory as this number will be used by the Department to communicate with the parents regarding the application. The Landline and Email fields are not compulsory.
3. ID numbers are validated with the Department of Home Affairs, therefore after entering a valid South African ID number, the system will automatically populate the names associated with the ID number. Parents are therefore reminded to keep the parent’s ID and learner ID at hand when making an application.
5. A Username and Password will be created by the parent to login and access the main application as a User. The Password must be eight (8) characters long consisting of a Capital Letter, Small Letters, Numbers and a Special Character, for example, P@ss2019.
6. A SMS is sent to the parent, providing his/her login username and password. Please
keep this information for queries relating to your application
7. After submitting STEP 1, the application will automatically proceed to STEP 2 (ENTER LEARNER DETAILS) and the colour of STEP 1 will change to GREEN