Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) Applications is now open.
Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) encourage prospective students (Undergraduates) to apply online soon as possible for the academic year.
Applications Open: 15 March
Applications Close: 30 September
Faculty of Engineering – 1st Semester – 30 September
Faculty of Natural Sciences – 30 September
Analytical Chemistry – 2nd Semester-31 May
Faculty of Management Sciences – 30 September
- R200 for South African applicants
- R250 for International applicants
- R400 for late applications (South African applicants)
- R500 for late applications (International applicants)
Planning a successful career at MUT doesn’t have to be a vague dream. We help prospective students make it a reality.
Are you having trouble deciding what career you would like to follow? We have developed a Career Decision-Making page – designed to take undecided learners through the career decision-making process in a systematic and user-friendly manner.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE ON OFFER?
The University offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
Importantly, all qualifications from the Mangosuthu University of Technology are recognised by all other Universities of Technology in SA.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Apply Online
Please note, MUT only accepts online applications. Make sure you apply online.
Prospective MUT students should apply through the Central Application Office (CAO). Once on the site, click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 2: Complete your Online Application form in full
Step 3: Attach all Supporting Documents.
South African applicants need to attach the following certified copies:
- National Senior Certificate
- Identity Document
- Students transferring from other universities should submit an original academic record and a certificate of good conduct.
International Students will need the following documents:
- A valid study permit
- Valid health insurance cover
- A valid passport
- GCE, GCSE, IGCSE or Cambridge School Certificate
Step 4: Apply for Student Residence.
To apply for accommodation, you’ll need to register on Student iEnabler here. For more information on how to register.
Step 5: Find Funding.
We hope that the information provided will enable you to make an informed decision about applying to MUT. To help you get the most out of the information provided, here are a few key points you should bear in mind:
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in Department Handbooks.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the MUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009 the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
- Apply online at the Central Applications Office (CAO). (A prospective student who wishes to study at the DUT must apply via the CAO.)
- OR Apply through CAO
Please complete the CAO application form, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (or final Grade 11, June/ Trial Grade 12 report if you have not written your final examination). The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 31 October. CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za
- Indemnity Form
- Suretyship Form
- M65 DUT Deposit Slip
- Bank Details for Electronic Transfer
Have questions about your application?
Tel: 031 907 7111
Need to find the institution?
511 Griffiths Mxenge Hwy, Umlazi, Durban, 4031