MySun is a portal for the students of Stellenbosch University to perform numerous academic and non-academic activities.
MySun menu has 4 sections which are;
- Undergraduate menu,
- Postgraduate menu,
- Staff menu,
- Researcher menu.
Each of these MySun menu has various sections for students to navigate and carry out any activities he/she wants to carry out.
To log in, click on this link: midtier.sun.ac.za/my.sun-services
Features of mysun
As a student there are several things you can do at MySun portal. Some of them are;
- Read and create notices
- Access to the writing lab
- Web email
- Application status
- Class timetable, Exam location
- Exam and test results
- Graduation information
- Student finances
- Campus shuttle services
- Other student accounts and
other administrative tasks including:
- change password
- change email display name
- manage spam filtering
- view internet usage
- load & view printer credits.
How to change and reset mySun password
If you want to change your password or reset your password, then you have to click on the ‘change password‘ link.
Once you open the link, use the menu on the left to navigate to your chosen option.
To change password, your new password must comply with the following rules:
- Your last 10 passwords may not be used again.
- It must be at least 8 characters long and no more than 47 characters.
- It may not contain your username.
- It may not contain parts of your e-mail display name.
- It must contain at least one character from 3 of the following 4 groups:
You can also reset your password if you have previously provided one of the following:
- Your cellphone number
- an external email address
Never save your password on a public computer (e.g. in the lab or in the internet cafe).
Never enter your university password on a site that does not have sun.ac.za, mymaties.com, or mymaties in its address.
Always log out and close your browser when you are finished.