Admission Criteria:General Requirements
You must have completed at least 12 years of general education or will be taking High School national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission.
Submission of IELTS or TOEFL or SAT (previously known as SAT Reasoning Test or SAT 1) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) or ACT with Writing or Ameson English scores are only compulsory for applicantsAdvertisement
- with PRC Gao Kao qualification (i.e. applicants who will be taking Gao Kao in June 2017 and those who have already taken Gao Kao) OR
- who do not take up English language in Junior and Senior High School or taken English language only as a 2nd language.
For IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic, only scores obtained in the 2 years leading up to the application deadline will be considered. The validity period for SAT and ACT is 5 years.
Minimum Subject Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, you must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements for the programmes you apply. Check the minimum subject requirements of the programme you wish to apply.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL) Requirement for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
All Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents applying for admission must fulfil any one of the following minimum requirements under MOE mother tongue policy:
- a grade D7 for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level; or
- a pass in MTL ‘B’ or a grade S for H1 MTL or H2 MTL Language and Literature or General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level; or
- a pass in MTL A: Literature or MTL A: Language and Literature or Language B MTL at Standard or Higher Level at IB Diploma; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-in-lieu; or
- an MOE approved MTL-exemption.
Students who have not satisfied the requirement above may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be required to attain the MTL within the period of their University study.
NTU Entrance Examinations
Applicants with qualifications as deemed fit by the university may be required to sit for an NTU Entrance Examination before a final decision on admission can be made.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.