If you are desirous of joining the South African Army, there are specific requirements that you must meet up with. Specifically, to qualify to be a part of the MSDS programme, the following are the things that you must bear in mind:
- You must be a citizen of South Africa. While this is a must, note that if you are a dual citizen, your application will not be considered except you relinquish it.
- You must have no criminal record or any case that is pending, else, you would be automatically disqualified.
- Medically, you must be fit based on the requirements or appointment set up by the South African National Defense Force.
- Your age must be within 18 and 22 if you are applying with your grade 12 certificate. However, if you are a graduate, then, you must not be more than 26 years of age, and also, your degree certificate must be from a recognised university.
- While your marital status may not really count, it is advisable that you should apply if you are single as those in that category will enjoy preferential consideration.
- There must be a readiness to take part in essential military and functional training. Then, you must be ready to serve in the military uniform.
The requirements listed above are the same for anyone who desires to apply for the South African Special Forces or any of the other forces based on the SANDF recruitment. Besides, there are some other specialised added requirements for anyone who desires to apply for any of the other forces apart from the army. There are four department recruits can apply for: