SPU Online Application
Below is a breakdown of how to apply to SPU (Sol Plaatjie University). You will find instructions on how to apply via a hard copy application.
In a few minutes, you’ll know everything you need to know to apply to SPU. Get it, got it, go!
Do you want to become a Sol Plaatje University (SPU) student? If you don`t know – Sol Plaatje University (SPU) Application Form are now available.
SPU wants to inform all candidates, guardians, parents and persons about the possibility to become a student at the university. If you are interested, you can apply.
Applications Open: 25 March
Applications Close: 30 September
Application Fees for Sol Plaatjie University:
South African applicants are required to pay an application fee of R100.
Apply to SPU using the hardcopy application
You can apply by filling in the hardcopy application form and post your completed application to the desired campus you would like to study at.
Things to note when applying via hardcopy:
- The “old fashioned” way usually takes longer, so you’ll have to be patient.
- Make sure you have attached all relevant supporting documentation.
- Alternatively, you can hand in your completed application, fax it to +27 (0)86 544 2766 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY TO SPU
Step 1: Get your application form.
- Hardcopy Application:
This option is only available to undergraduate applicants.
You can post your application to:
The University Registrar Sol Plaatje University
Private Bag X5008
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
You need to attach certified copies of all of your documentation as well as your proof of payment of your application fee. This includes:
- proof of payment of the application fee (R100)
- copy of your ID
- copy of your latest Matric results
- copy of age exemption letter from Matric Board (if applicable – older than 23)
- You are required to have your academic transcripts and ID certified to prove to the university that those are the real documents. You can have your documents certified at any police station or anyone who holds Commander of Oaths rights (like a lawyer).
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form if you need to organise living arrangements.
Step 5: Find Funding.
Have questions about your application?
Tel: 053 491 0000
Need to find the institution?
Capel Street & Bultfontein Road, Civic Centre, Kimberley, 8301
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE ON OFFER?
SPU offers various faculties, all of which offer their own degrees or diplomas.
- School of Economics & Management Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Natural & Applied Sciences
- School of Humanities