TUT offers more than 400 career options, attracting more than 60 000 students annually. Apart from having the finest academic minds from all over the world, TUT also offers a rich multicultural student life, ensuring that our students enjoy a well-rounded varsity experience.
TUT Online Application
To apply to Tshwane University of Technology , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply.
Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s.
If you are yet to apply to the Tshwane University of Technology, you can check TUT Online Application Portal for all the information you need on the application process.
Click the link here to check TUT Application status, that is if you have already applied and want to check whether you have been accepted or not.
PLEASE NOTE: A non-refundable fee of R240 for application, and certified copies of your identity document, Senior Certificate/National Senior Certificate and all other relevant documents must accompany the application.
The application fee can be deposited beforehand at ABSA BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 04 000 0003 In the Reference column, please fill in your identity number.
Have questions about your application?
Tel: 086 110 2421
SMS Number: 41478 (New sms number from 1 January 2019: 30655)
Need to find the institution?
Minimum general admission requirements for study at TUT
No person may be registered as a student in a programme of TUT, unless he or she has complied with the following
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
- The following table indicates the levels of performance required for entry to specific levels of study:
TUT Requirements NSC – Gaps your profile
Results format for the new NSC-G and the minimum admission requirements for TUT:
Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy?
All learners are required to take one of the two subjects for NSC-G purposes
- Mathematics is relevant to programmes that require prior knowledge of mathematics; all others may only require Mathematical Literacy. (Details of what each subject entails can be determined by looking at the DoE curriculum statements, available on the DoE website).