Apply at Wits University for your Studies.
Few things to consider:
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
Wits Applications Closing dates
Applications Open: 4 March
30 June – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV
30 September – All other University programmes; Residence applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Get your application form. Students are encouraged to apply online.
- Online Application:
Both postgraduates and undergraduates can apply online, using the same application portal.
- Hardcopy Application:
Please note that this is now an option for both postgraduate and undergraduate applicants.
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
*Remember you’ll need an email address.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form.
Please note that applications for residence will open on 3 April.
Step 5: Find Funding.
University of the Witwatersrand Application : To apply to the University of the Witwatersrand
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
Click this link to apply online: https://self-service.wits.ac.za/
Have questions about your application?
Tel: +27 (011) 717 1888
General Tel: +27 (011) 717 1000
Need to find the institution?
1 Jan Smuts Avenue
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE ON OFFER?
The University of Witwatersrand offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Commerce, Law and Management
- Engineering and Built Environment
- Health Sciences